Join us every month from October to May for lunch and a program. It's a great way to connect with other members and learn about our club and our community!
· October 18, 2022 – 11:30 at Crosswater. Our guest speaker will be Carol Brennan from the Upper Deschutes River Community. She will speak about wildfire evacuation preparedness - evacuation levels, preparing a go bag, preparing the home, and how to preserve important insurance records and financial documents. Registration opens on Monday, Sept. 26.
· November 15, 2022 – 11:30 am at Crosswater. Our guest speaker will be Cecilia Barrenechea, owner of Hot Lava Bakery since January 2021. She is a pastry chef and chocolatier from Uruguay. She enjoys sharing her recipes and desserts with people and the love and happiness of indulging in sweet things. She will be discussing how they ended up living in Sunriver, their love for the area and the similarities with San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina and the Patagonia region of South America, their customs and their desserts and kinds of chocolates they are used to consuming. It will be a little bit of her history and her passion for pastries and chocolate! Registration opens on Monday, Oct. 24.
· January 17, 2023 – 11:30 am at Crosswater. Our guest speaker will be Wendy Meridith, DVM from the Sunriver Veterinary Clinic. She will be discussing seasonal issues/threats that face local pets:
Winter - antifreeze, ice/snow, particular ligament/tendon injuries
Spring - Mushrooms, giardia
Summer - Cheatgrass, corn cobs
Fall - Candy, dietary indiscretion around the holidays.
· February 21, 2023 – 11:30 am at Crosswater. Our program will feature our Power of 50 for Education Project Liaison, Val Stensland. She will speak to the membership about the factors that lead philanthropy to choose education as the focus of our Anniversary project. She will share information about the state of children and families in south Deschutes County, the opportunity gaps that exist and will show the power of mentoring and out of school time programs in positively influencing educational outcomes for children.
· March 21, 2023 – 11:30 am at Crosswater. Our guest speaker will be Rick Martinson, PhD, Executive Director of the Worthy Garden Club.
· April 18, 2023 – 11:30 am at the SHARC: Annual Meeting and the Celebration of Giving.
· May 16, 2023 – 11:30 am at Crosswater featuring guest speaker Sue Carmody, a motivational speaker who will assist individuals in mapping out a smart, innovative and inspired future with new goals and intentions.